Tuesday, January 8, 2013

DON'T DIE!


Most of us drift from day to day complaining about our boring schedule and yet, almost never lift a finger to do anything different. It’s somehow comforting and comfortable for us to wrap ourselves up in a familiar misery we’ve come to count on as the one constant thing in life. It’s much easier to do nothing different and to cruise through life on auto pilot expecting a miracle or someone to rescue us from our fate. This is so much easier than taking a risk, stepping out of our comfort zone, and maybe having to face our fears. That’s what it takes to break through to our authentic self. That’s what it takes to win!

I must admit I was one of those people who lived life like that. It wasn’t that I didn’t have good ideas. I did! The problem was I couldn’t get anyone to encourage me and so I let everyone discourage me. I didn’t really believe in myself, so I gave them power over my life choices! I did that to myself my whole life until I met Arsen Marsoobian. He invited me to attend his event. It was called “The Time of Your Life is Now!” and it was an incredible watershed event in my life.

See, I had suffered a heart attack and after about nine months of struggling with the medications, I wasn’t sure how much longer I was going to live with this condition. My life was drifting toward a place where I couldn’t see much use for me to hang around. I couldn’t do a lot of the things I used to be able to do. It was simply a huge and painful struggle each day. Arsen’s event changed all of that and made me believe I had something more to contribute to life.

Arsen Marsoobian is seventy seven years old, he’s had two quadruple bypass surgeries, and he keeps on going! Arsen isn’t just getting by these days…he’s living his life his way! And now he’s published his own book called, “Don’t Die!” The book is about adding life to your years no matter what your age. If you’re one of those people in between careers or standing at the fork in the road of your life, you might want to grab this book. It’s a funny, heartwarming, and powerful book that will point you in the right direction, which is coincidentally, the way you want your life to go rather than the way it’s been.

Even before Arsen wrote his book, he had affected the way I looked at life. I should say he infected me with his enthusiasm and common sense. See, Arsen doesn’t just say it, he lives it! And he inspired me to believe in myself even when I didn’t believe in myself. As a direct result of his infectious enthusiasm, he encouraged me to begin my writing career. And I did! A year later I had finished my first serious book and stayed with the project all the way to publication. A lot of people talk about writing a book and some people actually write the book, but very few get it published. I did what I set out to do and saw it through to the end thanks to Arsen.

What I learned from Arsen Marsoobian is to be grateful for everything I have, to use my skills and talents as best I can, and to never give up on my dreams. He was right! It was worth it! I am now doing what I always dreamed of my whole life. Don’t let the negativity around you stop you from realizing your dreams. Whoever you are, you have a story, a painting, or a song to sing. It’s already in your heart and you know it’s there, so go after it! If you need a push, I suggest you spring for the fifteen bucks and buy Arsen’s book. And if you like it let him know. Please remember the key to long life is: DON”T DIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment